Senior Research Assistant, Section of Areal Linguistics
Employed at the Institute of Linguistics and involved in the project "Encyclopedia "Languages of the world"" since November 1979.
She received her secondary education in the Byelorussian Soviet Socialist Republic. In 1976, she graduated from the Faculty of the Spanish language at the Minsk State Linguistic University (Minsk State Pedagogical Institute of Foreign Languages at the time).
linguistic typology, areal linguistics, Belarusian language, Polish language and Polonistics, Spanish language, Iranian languages, Iranistics, Semitic languages; stylistics, bibliography, technical and stylistic editing of scientific texts.
- Yuri Stepanov, Natalia Rogova. Novoe obščeevropejskoe javlenie "leksikografičeskoj semiotiki". S osobym vnimaniem k polskomu opytu prof. Ja. Vavžin'čika [A new European-wide phenomenon of "lexicographic semiotics". With special attention to the Polish experience of Prof. Jan Wawrzynczyk]' // "Questions of Philology" 2006, № 2 (23).
- Article "Belorusskij jazyk" [Belarusian language] in the volume of the encyclopedia "Languages of the world: Slavic languages". Moscow, 2005 (co-authored).
As a principal investigator:
- RHF grant No. 03-04-00247а Languages of the world: New Indo-Aryan languages. Dravidian Languages, 2003-2005
- RHF grant No. 05-04-1650d Languages of the world: Baltic languages, 2006
As a project participant:
- RHF grant No. 14-04-00481а Languages of the world: Semitic languages. Arabic language, South Arabian epigraphic languages, Modern South Arabian languages, 2014-2016 (Olga Romanova as principal investigator)
- RHF grant No. 07-04-00140а Languages of the world: Small and Medium Indo-Aryan languages and dialects, 2007-2009 (Julia Mazurova as principal investigator)
- RHF grant No. 02-04-0071а Etymological dictionary of the Iranian languages, 2002-2004 (Joy I. Edelman as principal investigator)
- RHF grant No. 05-04-04170а Etymological dictionary of the Iranian languages, 2005-2007
- RHF grant No. 08-04-00198а Etymological dictionary of the Iranian languages, 2008-2011
- RHF grant No. 11-04-00046а Etymological dictionary of the Iranian languages, 2011-2013
- RHF grant No. 14-04-00069а Etymological dictionary of the Iranian languages, 2014-2016
The preparation of the volumes of the encyclopedia "Languages of the world" includes working with the authors and editors of the volumes, checking the articles for compliance with the Standard scheme of the publication "Languages of the world", technical and stylistic editing, and checking the reference bibliographic lists.
Editorship of the volumes of "Languages of the World":
- Paleosiberian languages. 1996
- Iranian languages. I. 1997
- Turkic languages. 1997
- Iranian languages. II. 1999
- Iranian languages. III. 2000
- Dardic and Nuristani languages. 1999
- Slavic languages. 2005 (a member of the editorial board of the volume)
- Baltic languages. 2006 (a member of the editorial board of the volume)
The compilation of the Index to the Etymological Dictionary of the Iranian Languages (by Vera Rastorgueva and Joy I. Edelman) began after the publication of the first volume of the dictionary in 2000 and continues to the present day. The 1st, 2nd and 3rd volumes of the EDIL are complete and they contain more than 1000 pages of text. Joy I. Edelman actively uses these materials in electronic form for her subsequent volumes. The Index will be published after the publication of the last volume of the EDIL (the 5th volume, letters from "l" to "n", was published in 2015).