The Young Scientists Council is a public organization of the Federal Publicly Funded Institution of Science, a part of the Institute of Linguistic Research of the Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS).
The Council was established to protect the interests of young scientists - employees, graduate students and doctoral students, as well as to attract talented youth and increase the activity of young scientists.
Young scientists are researchers, postgraduates and PhD students under 35.
- representing the interests of young scientists in the governing bodies of the RAS;
- preparation of proposals for organizing conferences held at the RAS;
- ensuring information exchange among the young scientists and employees of the RAS;
- monitoring information sources about the professional interests of the young scientists of the RAS, including information about existing and prospective grants, foundations, conferences, schools, scientific and practical seminars, support programs, social programs, etc.;
- distribution of information among the young scientists of the RAS;
- participation in the organization of scientific schools, seminars, lectures;
- assistance in the preservation of scientific traditions developed in the RAS;
- participation in solving social and other problems of the young scientists of the RAS;
- assistance in information support of the RAS website.
The Regulation on the Council can be found here.
The chairman of the Young Scientists Council
- Maria Amelina
- Aleksandr Anufriev, Ph.D.
- Nadezhda Makeeva, Ph.D.
- Darya Mordashova
- Evgeniya Renkovskaya
- Aleksandra Cherkunova
The Council annually holds a series of conferences on the topic "Problems of language: the view of the young scientists".