The Jazykoznanie publishing house, part of the Institute of Linguistics of the Russian Academy of Sciences, is home to prominent academic publications in theoretical and applied linguistics and related areas.
At Jazykoznanie, we seek to provide excellence in publishing monographs, collections, conference proceedings and journals with a focus on linguistics and related disciplines, in Russian and other languages. Another important line of work is the production of dictionaries.
Manuscripts are accepted on recommendation from the editorial board after approval from independent reviewers.
Jazykoznanie bears the costs associated with editorial and publishing preparations of manuscripts. The terms governing the release of hard copies and other printed materials are subject to negotiation
We offer a wide range of first-rate services:
- editing and proofreading;
- designing layouts for electronic and printed publishing;
- creating illustrations for print;
- translating abstracts into English and editing translated texts;
- assigning ISBN and DOI;
- publishing metadata on the Jazykoznanie website and submitting them to the Russian Scientific Electronic Library (RSCI);
- producing printed versions upon request in collaboration with partner printing houses;
- distributing the books through online platforms and a network of bookshops.
Jazykoznanie follows the recommendations from the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE).
All the staff and authors are expected to uphold the ethical standards accepted by the international scientific community and act to prevent any violation of these standards.
All the manuscripts submitted for review are checked with anti-plagiarism software.
Peer review is an essential element of manuscript evaluation aimed to ensure its high quality and relevance. Reviewers are leading scientists having the necessary expertise, knowledge, and experience to assess and evaluate a particular work.
Each manuscript is evaluated by at least two reviewers.
In their work, all reviewers follow the principles formulated by the Committee on Publication Ethics.