Established as a separate department in 2019 as part of the national development strategy in the field of scientific and technological advancement. The laboratory's objective is to record, study, and preserve minority and endangered languages of both Russia and the world.
- documentation and study of the local dialects of the minority languages of Russia and other countries;
- creation of annotated text corpora of the local dialects of minority languages, both for oral speech and for written texts;
- development of a website focused on the languages of the Russian Federation, open to the general public
- development of a system monitoring the state of the minority languages in specific local groups in Russia;
- consultation on the development of a balanced language policy concerning minority languages in specific territories;
- consultation on the minority languages codification and in the development of study materials and teaching methodology for students of all levels with the linguistic situation of each language being taken into consideration.
Bolshoy Kislovskiy per., 1/1
Intitute of Linguistics RAS, office 3
Laboratory for Study and Preservation of Minority Languages