Junior Researcher, Laboratory for Study and Preservation of Minority Languages
Employed at the Institute of Linguistics since 2017.
She graduated from the Faculty of Theoretical and Applied Linguistics, the Institute of Linguistics of the Russian State University for the Humanities. Her diploma thesis was on the topic "Syntactic features of Russian proverbs". In 2008-2009, she completed an internship at the Central Institute of Hindi (Agra, India) and received an Advanced Diploma in Hindi Language Proficiency. In 2016, she completed her postgraduate studies at the The Institute for Advanced Studies in Humanities of the Russian State University for Humanities. Since 2017, she worked in the Department of Ural-Altaic Languages of the Institute of Linguistics, the Russian Academy of Sciences as a Senior Assistant and then as a Junior Researcher. Since 2019 she has been working in the Laboratory for Study and Preservation of Minority Languages at the Institute of Linguistics of RAS. On February 25, 2021 she defended her PhD thesis on the topic “Areal, genetic and typological factors of the formation of the case and postposition system in the Kumaoni language” at the Institute of Linguistics of RAS. She has experience of the fieldwork on minority
languages of India (Kumaoni, Kullui, Western Marwari, Sora, Jurai, Gutob, Bonda languages) and Russia (Khakass, Evenki, Uilta (Orok), Selkup, Ket languages).
Field linguistics, languages of India, Indo-Aryan languages, Hindi language, Western Marwari language, Pahari languages, Kumaoni language, Kullui language, Munda languages, Sora language, Bonda language, Gutob language, Siberian indigenous languages, Evenki language, Uilta (Orok) language, Ket language, Selkup language, Turkic languages, Turkish language, Khakass language, sociolinguistics, areal linguistics, linguistic anthropology, semantics, morphology, linguistic typology.
Development of Internet resources
Grants (as a project participant):
- RFBR grant No. 19-012-00355, 2019-2021, "The study of the Kullui language based on the corpus of oral texts", Julia Mazurova as a principal investigator.
- RFBR grant No.17-34-00018, 2017-2019, "A sociolinguistic study of the Koraput Munda languages and creation of a multimedia corpus of texts illustrating various social conditions of the languages' existence", Yuri Beryozkin as a principal investigator.
- RFBR grant No.16-34-01040, 2016-2018, "Grammatical description and dictionary of the Indo-Aryan Kullui language", Elena Knyazeva.
- Program of the Presidium of the Russian Academy of Sciences "Corpus linguistics", specialization "Creation and development of corpus resources on the languages of the peoples of Russia", project "Creation of corpora of minority Turkic languages of Russia") FBLR А-12, 2014/2015, "Documentation of the Kullui language (Western Pahari)", Julia Mazurova as a principal investigator.
The full list of publications is available here.
- (With Maxim Krongauz, Alexander Piperski, Anton Somin and others). Sto jazykov. Vselennaja slov i smyslov [A hundred languages. The universe of words and meanings]. Moscow, AST, 2018.
- The verb ‘to see’ as a source of new postpositions: evidence from Kumaoni and other Himalayan languages // Vaak manthan (http://selindia.org/vol-3-issue-i/), pp. 1-4
- (With A.Krylova) Documentation of the Kullui language: problems, results, prospects // Vaak manthan (http://selindia.org/vol-3-issue-i/), pp. 5-11
- आधुनिक लोक-साहित्य के माध्यम से कुमाऊँनी भाषा का प्रचार (Popularization of the Kumaoni language by means of modern folklore). International Seminar on Endangered Languages of Central and Western Himalaya. Kumaon University, Campus Almora, Almora, Uttarakhand, India, 12-14.10.2018
- (with Anastasia Krylova) शिक्षा में मातृभाषा: हिमालय की भाषा विविधता के संरक्षण का एक उपाय (Mother tongue in education: a step towards preservation of language diversity of the Himalayas). International Seminar on Endangered Languages of Central and Western Himalaya. Kumaon University, Campus Almora, Almora, Uttarakhand, India, 12-14.10.2018
- (with Anastasia Krylova and Yulia Mazurova) Documentation of Himachali Pahari languages as a step towards language maintenance. International Seminar on Endangered Languages of Central and Western Himalaya. Kumaon University, Campus Almora, Almora, Uttarakhand, India, 12-14.10.2018
- (with Anastasia Krylova) Religion and language preservation: the case of Sora. 51st Annual Meeting of the Societas Linguistica Europaea. Tallinn University, Tallinn, Estonia, 29.08– 01.09.2018