Researcher, Section of Areal Linguistics
Employed in the Institute of Linguistics since 2016
Born in 1991 in Tver. In 2013 graduated with honors from the Division of Theoretical and Applied Linguistics at the Faculty of Philology, Lomonosov Moscow State University. 2013 – 2017 Budennaya continued her education at post-graduate school at the Faculty of Philology, Specialization 10.02.20 ("Comparative-historical, Typological and Contrastive Linguistics"), Lomonosov Moscow State University. Budennaya's Diploma thesis and further PhD thesis are dedicated to the subjective referention in Baltic languages, prepared while studying in the Department of Theoretical and Applied Linguistics, was highly appreciated by the full member of the Russian Academy of Sciences Andrei Zalizniak.
Simultaneously from 2013 to 2014, Evgeniya Budennaya was studying at the French University College at the francophone section in the specialty "History". In 2014 she was invited for the annual traineeship at the Lyon Higher Normal School to study the language policy in France.
Operational Experience and Research
Since 2016 and till now Evgeniya Budennaya had been working in the Section of Geographical Linguistics, Institute of Linguistics, Russian Academy of Sciences; since 2019 - in the laboratory of lingo-semiotic research of HSE University as a Researcher. Budennaya's works combine linguistical and historical aspects devoted to a broad range of discursive and adjacent morpho-syntactic parameters connected with referential choice, anaphora, language contacts (Slavic, Baltic, and the less-numerous Baltic-Finnic languages), and Old Russian onomastics. Moreover, Evgeniya Budennaia takes part in the creation of the intermodal corps "Narratives and Talks about Pears" [Rasskazy i razgovory o grushakh] and the encyclopedia "Languages of the World" [Iazyki mira]. Repeatedly takes part in grants.
Academic Interests: diachronic typology, referential choice, discourse anaphora, geographical linguistics, onomastics
Graduate Qualification Works:
- Diploma Thesis (2013): "Evolution of Subjective Refertion in the Russian language (on the material of monuments XI-XVII centuries)" [Evoliutsiia subieektnoi referentsii v russkom iazyke (na materiale pamiatnikov XI-XVII vv.)] Academic advisor – Ph.D, Dr.habil. Andrej. A. Kibrik
- PhD Thesis (2018): "Evolution of Subjective Refertion in Baltic Languages" [Evoliutsiia subieektnoi referentsii v iazykakh baltiiskogo areala], Specialization – Comparative-historical, Typological and Contrastive Linguistics. Academic Advisor – Ph.D, Dr.habil. Andrej. A. Kibrik
Some 20 articles on referential choice, multimodal communication, onomastics, including:
- Budennaya E. V. (2021, in print). Referential Systems in Slavic // Encyclopedia of Slavic Languages and Linguistics / Greenberg M. L., Grenoble L. (eds.). Leiden: Brill Publishers.
- Budennaya E. V. (2021, in print). Gipokoristicheskie formy khristianskikh imen v drevnerusskom iazyke. [Hypocoristic Forms of Personal Christian Names in Old Russian.] // Questions of Science of Language. [Voprosy iazykoznaniia.] Vol. 2.
- Budennaya E. V. 2020. V poiskakh triggera knizhnye i neknizhnye teksty kak markery raznykh aspektov russkoi referentsialnoi evoliutsii. [Looking for Trigger: Print and Non-Print Texts As Marks of Diverse Aspects of Russian Referential Evolution.] // Slovene. International Journal of Slavic Studies 9 (2): 181-214.
- Budennaya E., Evdokimova A., Nikolaeva J., Sukhova N. 2020. Referential phenomena in speaker's kinetic channels // Computational Linguistics and Intellectual Technologies. Papers from the Annual International Conference “Dialogue” 19 (26): 118-131.
- Budennaya E. V. 2019. Subieektnaia referentsiia v izhorskom i vodskom iazykakh iz istorii odnogo zaimstvovaniia. [Subjective Referention in Ingrian and Votic Languages: History of One Borrowing.] // Ural-Altaic Research 3 (34) [Uralo-Altaiskie Issledovaniia 3 (34)]: 36-52.
- Budennaya E. 2019. Referential choice in multimodal communication // Computational Linguistics and Intellectual Technologies. Papers from the Annual International Conference “Dialogue” 18 (25), 2019. P. 125-136.
- Budennaya E. V. 2018. Pokhozhe raznye o razvitii vneshne skhozhei referentsialnoi modeli v russkom latyshskom i izhorskom iazykakh .. Tipologiia morfosintaksicheskikh parametrov [Seem to Be Different: About the Development of the Similar Referential Model in Russian, Latvian, and Ingrian languages // Typology of Morpho-Syntactic Parameters]: 11-27.
- Budennaya E. V. . Ekspansiia mestoimenii v istorii russkogo iazyka imennye klauzy. [Expansion of Pronouns in the History of Russian Language: Name Clauses.] // Rhema. 3. 2017: 40-64.
- Budennaya (Sidorova) E. V. 2016.Russkaia referentsialnaia sistema istoricheskaia perestroika i ee vozmozhnoe obieiasnenie [Russian Referential System: Historic Transformation and Its Feasible Explanation ] // Acta Linguistica Petropolitana. Works of the Institute of Linguistic Studies. 12(1): 40-52.
- Sidorova E. 2014. On the evolution of Russian subject reference: internal factors // On Diversity and Complexity of Languages Spoken in Europe and North and Central Asia / Suihkonen P., Whaley L. J. (eds.). Amsterdam: John Benjamins. P. 381-400.