The Section of Romance languages has existed since the foundation of the Institute of Linguistics (1950). The work is conducted on the material of the major Romance languages (French, Spanish and Italian), minor languages and dialects (Occitan, Friulian, Ladin, Corsican, Sardinian, Gascon, etc.).
Main research areas
- historical and philological studies: shaping of Romance literary languages at various stages of their development against a wide cultural and historical background; the study of Romanesque manuscripts from the Russian archives
- comparative analysis of intragenetic typology
- sociolinguistic studies: issues of language variation, the dynamics of language situation in Romance-speaking countries and legislation regulating functioning of languages (developed since the 1970s.)
- functional semantics of linguistic units and speech structures; based on the material of modern Romance languages, the semantic features of individual parts of speech as well as various parameters of the utterance, with elements of logical analysis of the language are studied, taking into account the pragmatic aspect of speech
- Jaziki mira. Romanskie jaziki [Languages of the world. Romance languages]. Moscow. 2001.
- Evgenia Ioanesjan. 2000. Funktional’naja semantika èpistemičeskix predikatov (na materiale francuskogo jazika) [Functional semantics of epistemic predicates (based on the material of the French language)]. Moscow.
- Boris Naumov.2005. Bol'šoj ispansko-russkij slovar' [Large Spanish Russian dictionary]. Vol. 6. Moscow: Izdatel'stvo Russkij jazik Media.
- Problemy i metody sovremennoj lingvistiki [Problems and methods of modern linguistics]. Ed. by E. Z. Ioanesjan. 2005.
- Problemy ital'janistiki. Vyp.I. Jazikoznanie [Problems of Italian Studies. Linguistics]. Ed. by Čelnyšova. Centro Studi Italiani. 2005.
- Boris Naumov.2006. Bol'šoj ispansko-russkij slovar' [ Large Spanish Russian dictionary]. Vol.7.Moscow: Izdatel'stvo Russkij jazik Media.
- Anton Suprun. 2008. Grammatika i semantika prostogo predloženija: Na materiale ispanskogo jazika [Grammar and semantics of a simple sentence: Based on the material of the Spanish language]. Vol. 2. Moscow: URSS.
Russia, 125009, Moscow Bolshoy Kislovskiy per. 1/1
Tel.: (495) 690-41-38