Researcher, Group for Finno-Ugric Languages
Employed at the Institute since 2019.
Born in Moscow in 1979. In 2011, Kutsaeva graduated cum laude from the Faculty of the Humanities and Applied Sciences of Moscow State Linguistic University and was qualified as a linguist and a teacher of French and English (specialisation "Linguistics and intercultural communication").
From 2004 to 2012, she worked as a teacher of the English language and literature in MSLU Linguistic Liceum №1555.
In 2013-2016 she undertook full-time postgraduate studies at Moscow State Linguistic University, first at the Department of World Literature, then at the Department of Linguistic Semantics. In 2017-2018, she was an aspirant in the Department of Ural-Altaic Languages at the Russian Academy of Sciences. In 2018, she successfully defended her PhD thesis "Funkcionirovanie čuvašskogo jazyka v diaspore moskovskogo regiona" [The Functioning of the Chuvash Language in the Moscow Region Diaspora] at the Institute of Linguistics (specialisations: 10.02.02 – The languages of the peoples of Russia (Ural-Altaic languages), 10.02.19 – Theory of Language). Since 2019, she has been working at the Institute of Linguistics of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Ural-Altaic languages, Finno-Ugric languages, the functioning of languages under the circumstances of diasporic living, sociolinguistics, sociolinguistic field research.
- Diploma thesis Strukturnyj, semantičeskij i pragmatičeskij aspekty problemnyx statej v britanskix gazetax [Structural, semantic and pragmatic aspects of problematic articles on British newspapers]. Academic supervisor — Vladimir Nayer, PhD, Dr.habil.
- PhD thesis "Funkcionirovanie čuvašskogo jazyka v diaspore moskovskogo regiona" [The Functioning of the Chuvash Language in the Moscow Region Diaspora], the Institute of Linguistics of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 2018. Academic supervisor — Tatiana Agranat, PhD, Dr.habil.
- PhD thesis ""Funkcionirovanie čuvašskogo jazyka v diaspore moskovskogo regiona" [The Functioning of the Chuvash Language in the Moscow Region Diaspora] (full text, abstract)
- Funkcionirovanie ètničeskogo jazyka v čuvašskoj diaspore moskovskogo regiona [Functioning of an ethnic language in the Chuvash diaspora of the Moscow region]. Moscow, Saint-Petersburg. Nestor-Istoria, 2020. 312 p. ISBN 987-5-4469-1735-8
- Kutsaeva M. (2019) Categorization of the Chuvash Language in the Chuvash Republic and Beyond. In: Moskvitcheva S., Viaut A. (eds) Minority Languages from Western Europe and Russia. Language Policy, vol 21. Springer, Cham
- Kutsaeva Marina V. A Sociolinguistic Survey of an Internal Diaspora: Field Research of a Chuvash Diaspora Group in the Moscow Region // In Tatiana B. Agranat, Leyli R. Dodykhudoeva (Ed.) Strategies for Knowledge Elicitation. The Experience of the Russian School of Field Linguistics. Springer International Publishing AG, 2021. C. 85-99.