Senior Researcher, Department of African Languages
In 2015, Konoshenko defended her PhD thesis "Lično-čislovoe soglasovanie v jazykax mande: vnutrigenetičeskaja tipologija" [Concordance between the person and the number in Mande languages: intragenetic typology] (specialisation 10.02.20 – Comparative-historical, typological and contrastive linguistics, academic supervisor Andrey Shluinsky) at the Institute of Linguistics.
Member of the editing boards of scientific journals: Mandenkan, Language in Africa.
Mande languages, tone, concordance, phonology, microtypology, sociolinguistics, global languages, language complexity, singing articulation.
- 2006 – 2008, the Republic of Kalmykia, Ergeninsky village, Tugtun village (morphosyntax of the Kalmyk language)
- 2008 – 2020, the Republic of Guinea, Nzérékoré (Kpelle, Kono languages)
- "Languages of the world: Mande languages" (Russian Scientific Foundation for Humanities, project №04-04-00262 a)
- "Integral description of South Mande languages: dictionaries, grammars, corpora of glossed texts" (Russian Scientific Foundation for Humanities, 08-04-00144а)
- "Minor corpora of Mande languages"
- "Models of case grammar and natural language" (The project of the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation, № 2012-1.2.1-12-000-3004-9859, 2013)
- "Verbal systems of Mande languages within the context of typological and areal research" (Russian Scientific Foundation for Humanities, 13-34-01015, 2011-2014)
- "Typology of word order, the syntax-semantics interface and the informational structure of utterances in world languages" (Russian Science Foundation, 14-18-03270, 2014-2016)
- "Kwa morphosyntax in areal linguistics" (Russian Scientific Foundation for Humanities, 15–34–01237 , 2015-2017)
- "West African languages: Description and contrastive analysis" (Russian Science Foundation, 7-78-20071, 2017-2021)
Maria Konoshenko conducts her research at the Institute of Linguistics, as well as teaches at the Higher School of Economics and Russian State University for the Humanities. The courses she teaches are: "Introduction to fundamental linguistics", "Phonology', "World languages", "Functional approaches in linguistics", "Sociolinguistics".
- Khachaturyan Maria and Maria Konoshenko. Assessing (a)symmetry in multilingualism: the case of Mano and Kpelle in Guinea // International Journal of Bilingualism. In print.
- Konoshenko, Maria. Phonetics pushing syntax: S/Aux fusion and the rise of subject cross-reference in Mande // Language in Africa 2020 (1): 7–33.
- Konoshenko, Maria. Vowel reduction in Russian classical singing: The case of unstressed /a/ after palatalised consonants // Italian Journal of Linguistics. 2020, 32.1: 65–84.
- Konoshenko, Maria and Daria Shavarina. A microtypological survey of noun classes in Kwa // Journal of African languages and linguistics. 2019 40(1): 75–114.
- Konoshenko, Maria. Dictionnaire kpele de la Guinée (guerzé) – français // Mandenkan 62, 2019: 3–164.
- Konoshenko, Maria. Field notes on Kono, a Southwestern Mande lect of Forest Guinea // Mandenkan 57, 2017: 77–107.
- Konoshenko, M. Tone in grammar: What we already know and what we still don’t. Voprosy jazykoznanija [The Problems of Linguistics], 2017, 4: 101–114.