Senior Researcher, Research Center on Ethnic and Language Relations
Graduated cum laude from Lomonosov State University of Moscow, Faculty of Philology, in 1998.
Defended her PhD thesis "Typology of language situations in the Russian Federation" in 2003 at the Institute of Linguistics.
Research interests: sociolinguistics, language situations in the subjects of the Russian Federation, sociolinguistic typology, modeling language situations, the act of communication in education, diachronic sociolinguistics, population censuses.
Published the "Language and education spaces in the contemporary Russia" monograph in 2010. In this work she analyses the challenging and multi-faceted problem of the functioning of languages of the many ethnicities of Russia. The question is analyzed through the lens of one of the most important areas when considering communicative aspects of human life - education. Participated in the following collaborative projects of the Research Center on Ethnic and Language Relations: "Written languages of the world: Russian Federation. Encyclopedia of sociolinguistics", "Dictionary of sociolinguistics terminology", "Handbook for languages of the ethicities of Russia". Several projects have received research grants, among which are informational system "Languages of Russia; a sociolinguistic portrait" (RFH), "Interactions of languages of different structures: spatial and temporal aspects" (Presidium of RAS), "Languages of Russia among languages of the world: typology and dynamics of language situations in a multiethnic country" (RFH), Encyclopedia of Sociolinguistics (RFH), "Languages of Russia in the globalization era" (RFH).
Principal investigator for the following grants:
- Informational system "The linguistic diversity of Russia". 2015–2017. RFH grant.
- Memoirs on the World War II from the noncombatant's point of view. Preparation of the manuscript for print. 2015. RFH grant.
- Memoirs of Fyodor Golovin: The last Golovins (a family chronicle). 2017–2018. RFBR grant.
- Fyodor Golovin. Memoirs.Ф.А. 1870–1918. М., 2020. RFBR grant.
Project participant in the following grants:
- Languages of Russia in the era of globalization. Mikhalchenko, V. (principal investigator). 2014–2016. RFH grant.
- Vladimir Obolensky. The diary of the Hofmarschall: 1882-1885. Chernikova, N. (principal investigator). 2017–2019. RFBR grant.
An active participant of international conferences. Engaged in governmental projects. Served as an academic secretary for the Research Center on Ethnic and Language Relations for a number of years.
Was a member of the organizing committee for the Centre of Linguistics International conference "Linguistic unity and linguistic diversity in a polyethnic country", Moscow, 14-16 November 2018. Collaborated with Aysa Bitkeeva as the editor-in-chief for the compilation of the conference theses.
Author of the following compiled works:
- Voennye vospominanija nestroevogo soldata Fedora Aleksandroviča Pisar’kova [Noncombatant Fyodor Pisarkov's memoirs of the war]. Moscow.: Novyj xronograf, 2017. 296 pp. ISBN978-5-94881-381-3/
- F.A. Golovin. Vospominanija [F. A. Golovin. Memoirs]. 1870–1918. Moscow.: Novyj xronograf, 2020. (coauthored).
Served in the organizing committee for the International round table "Perspectives and challenges of the language policy and language situation in the Republic of Crimea" with several colleagues.
In 2020 she participated in several government projects. Among them were reviews of the federal law on the Russian language; consideration of the current teacher training system and teacher competence in ethnic languages classes; the framework of the language policy, and others.
Serves as a technical editor for the Sociolinguistics journal since 2020.
- Rossijskaja Federacija: funkcionirovanie jazykov v sovremennom obrazovatel’nom prostranstve [Russian Federation: The functioning of languages in the contemporary education space]. M., 2015. 272 pp.
- Funkcionirovanie jazykov v sfere obrazovanija // «Zakonomernosti sociokul’turnogo razvitija jazykov v poliètničeskix stranax mira (Rossija-V’etnam)» [The functioning of languages in education // "General principles of sociocultural language development in polyethnic countries (Russia-Vietnam)"]. M., 2020, P. 213–232.