Junior Researcher, Section of Applied Linguistics
Employed at the Institute of Linguistics since 1978.
Zotova graduated from the Division of Romance and Germanic Philology of the Lomonosov Moscow State University. She is a qualified expert in the field of applied and comparative linguistics, as well as in teaching foreign languages; she is a compiler of educational materials and an author of 28 scientific works and translations of scientific publications. Zotova is a participant in all collective themes of the Section, including: "Development of letter indexes for license plates in the USSR" (1979-1981, commissioned by the National Research Institute of the USSR Ministry of Internal Affairs); "Database "Languages of the World" " (1984-1990, headed by PhD, Dr.habil. Anatoly Novikov), "Computer database "Languages of the World" " (1991-2005, headed by Anatoly Novikov and Elena Yaroslavtseva), "Mechanisms of meaning-making in various types of texts" (1998-2001, headed by Anatoly Novikov ), "Extraction of knowledge from the text in the human-computer dialogue mode" (1999-2001, headed by Anatoly Novikov ), "Text and its semantic dominants" (2001-2003, headed by Anatoly Novikov), etc. Zotova is also a participant in research on a number of scientific grants such as the Open Society Institute, the Russian Foundation for Basic Research and others. She is a reviewer of diploma and PhD theses. On numerous occasions, she has conducted independent, including forensic, linguistic expertise, provided expert opinions at the request of various institutions and organizations regarding the following services: copyright protection; textual, translation and onomastic expertise; documentation; identification of trademarks and terms in the English texts of international agreements, etc.
From 1987 to 1993, Zotova took the position of Assistant Director and Academic Secretary for International Relations of the Institute of Linguistics of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Zotova is one of the first permanent participants of the "Computer Database "Languages of the World" " project carried out by the Institute of Linguistics, starting with the collecting and preparing of materials and ending with scientific editing, translation and development of a reference framework. One of the final stages of the project is the preparation of linguistic content for the new computer version of the database, in particular, developing the description according to the new scheme and editing of Slavic, Romance, Germanic, Celtic and Iranian languages.
Anastasia Zotova is engaged both in conducting scientific research and teaching English and French. From 1993 to 2014, she was a teacher of English and French at the "Courses of teaching foreign languages to foreign trainees on a contract basis" at the Institute of Linguistics of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Since 2006, she has been teaching English and French at the Department of Foreign Languages in the Institute of Linguistics. In her work, she implements the methodology and materials based on Zotova's research in the field of text linguistics, experimental projects in psycholinguistics (carried out under Anatoly Novikov's leadership) and the creation of materials for training computer programs, as well as on many years of expertise in teaching languages to foreign students at the courses of the Institute of Linguistics.
As a professor of the Department of Foreign Languages, Zotova prepares postgraduates, applicants and young specialists of the RAS institutes and research centres for the entrance exams and PhD exams in English and French.
- Sootnošenie lingvističeskix i èkstralingvističeskix komponentov soderžanija jazyka [The distribution of linguistic and extralinguistic components of the text content]. // Compendium "Significant problems of written communication", Kuybyshev, 1985. (co-authored by PhD, Dr.habil. Anatoly Novikov)
- Semantičeskie aspekty special'nogo referirovanija statej po lingvistike [Semantic aspects of special abstracting of articles on linguistics] // Materials of the III All-Union Conference on theoretical problems of linguistics. Moscow, 1985.
- Postroenie prostranstvennoj semantičeskoj modeli teksta [Formation of a spatial semantic model of a text]. // Materials of the VIII All-Union Symposium on psycholinguistics and theory of communication. Moscow, 1985.
- Abstracts (56) of articles for the encyclopedia "Jazyki mira" [Languages of the World], 1986.
- Sinxronnyj i diaxronnyj aspekty bazy lingvotipologičeskix dannyx "Jazyki mira" [Synchronic and diachronic aspects of the linguo-typological database "Languages of the World]. // Materials of the International congress of phonetic sciences, Tallinn, 1987.
- Istorija francuzskogo literaturnogo jazyka: pis'mennye istočniki (fragment bazy dannyx) [History of the French literary language: written sources (fragment of the database)]. // Materials of the round table "Traditions of cultural relations between Russia and France", Calais (France), 1987.
- Methodical compendium "Lingvističeskoe obespečenie obučajuščix programm: (podgotovka jazykovogo materiala po teme «Komp'juternoe modelirovanie ponimanija i poroždenija teksta na anglijskom i russkom jazykax (teksty, grammatika, èksperiment" [Linguistic support of the training programs: (preparation of language material on the topic "Computer modeling of understanding and producing of text in English and Russian (texts, grammar, experiment)], 1994–1997.
- Language learning through the understanding of the text (computer-assisted training system) // 11-th International Conference of Applied Linguistics. Volos (Greece), 1995 (co-authored by Anatoly Novikov).
- Methodical compendium "Razrabotka naučnoj, texničeskoj i metodičeskoj dokumentacii, neobxodimoj dlya podgotovki i provedeniya eksperimentov po teme "Mexanizmy smysloobrazovanija v tekstax različnyx vidov" " [Development of scientific, technical and methodical documentation necessary for the preparation and conduct of experiments on the topic "Mechanisms of meaning-making in various types of texts]. 1998-2001.
- Smyslovaja sostavljajuščaja proekcii teksta: opyt èksperimental'nogo issledovanija [The semantic component of the text projection: the experience of experimental research] // Problems of psycholinguistics: theory and experiment. Moscow, 2001.(co-authored by Anatoly Novikov).
- Tekst i "kontrtext": dve storony processa ponimanija [Text and "countertext": two sides of the process of understanding]. 2002. (co-authored by Anatoly Novikov).
- Translation of a scientific publication from English to Russian: L Schafer "In search of divine reality. Science as a Source of Inspiration". Moscow, "Anda", 2002. ISBN 5-901286-01-04
- Ot vosprijatija k poroždeniju. Rabota s naučno-populjarnym tekstom na kandidatskom semestre. [From perception to production. Working with popular science text in the PhD semester]. English Popular Science Text (English language textbook with the educational dictionary of the most commonly used scientific vocabulary)», Moscow, 2008. ISBN 978-5-87317-521-5.
- Yaroslavtseva, Elena, Zotova, Anastasia, Cherkasova, Galina. Information resource: "Computer database "Languages of the World": Formally coinciding classes of phenomena (universals, frequentals, raritaries, and unicals) in language families and groups. Romance languages". 2008.
- Yaroslavtseva, Elena, Zotova, Anastasia, Cherkasova, Galina. Information resource: "Computer database "Languages of the World": Formally coinciding classes of phenomena (universals, frequentals, raritaries, and unicals) in language families and groups. Slavic languages". 2009.
More information for the 2016's certification is available here.