Members of the Association
- Scientific institutions
- Educational facilities
- Russian sociolinguists
- Sociolinguists residing outside of Russia
Mission of the Association
To support Russian sociolinguists and establish professional connections between them, to promote and advance international cooperation in the field of sociolinguistics.
Goals of the Association
To realize its goals, the Association promotes work in the following areas:
- holding scientific conferences and other events on theoretical and applied sociolinguistics, both in Russia and abroad;
- collaborating with both domestic and foreign institutions, organizations, enterprises, and individuals in subjects within the Association's competency;
- publishing works of scientific and popular science nature;
- supporting the professional development of sociolinguists at all levels;
- establishing regional branches and representatives of the Association in Russia and verifying their activity regulations in accordance with the local law.
The Policy of the Association is available for download here (in Russian).
Scientific journal "Sociolinguistics"
The peer-reviewed scientific journal "Sociolinguistics" welcomes submissions from all related areas of science. The journal is dedicated to theoretical and applied sociolinguistics. Among the topics accepted for consideration and publication are studies of language situations, language politics, language conflicts, contacts, inquiries into the topic of bilingualism, and methodology of sociolinguistic research. Particular attention is paid to the languages of ethnicities of Russian Federation.
The articles presented in the journal will be of interest to professionals in the field of theoretical and applied sociolinguistics, as well as a wider audience, including undergraduate and graduate students.
As part of preparatory work for the "Sociolinguistics" journal a partnership agreement between the Institute of Linguistics RAS and the Orel State University named after I.S. Turgenev.
For further details see the website of the journal.