5th workshop on languages of the Volga-Kama Sprachbund (The Institute of Linguistics RAS, NRU HSE) will take place on December 11-12, 2020.
This workshop continuing the series of workshops focusing on Finno-Ugric and Turkic languages of the Volga-Kama region, held in the years 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2019. The existence of strong areal connections between Finno-Ugric and Turkic languages, which are usually brought together under the notion of Volga-Kama Sprachbund, has been known for a long time. We expect that the collaboration of specialists of Volga-Kama languages will help to bring forward subtle differences and similarities, which will be valuable for descriptive and theoretical research in the domain of each particular language.
Both descriptive typological and more theoretically-oriented abstracts are accepted.
Should the epidemiological situation in Russia or worldwide get worse, the workshop will be partially or fully held on-line.
- Petar Kehayov (Leibniz Institute for East and Southeast European Studies)
- Gerson Klumpp (Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München),
- Philipp Weisser (University of Leipzig),
- Svetlana Toldova (the National Research University Higher School of Economics)
- Deadline for application: 1 September 2020
- Notification of acceptance: 1 October 2020
- Workshop: 11-12 December 2020
Abstracts are to be sent to email@example.com.
Please, include all of the following in the covering letter:
- full name;
- title of the talk.
Please attach an anonymized version of your abstract to the letter in .DOC or .PDF. The maximal length of the abstract should not exceed 2 pages, 12 points, including example references.
- Alexey Kozlov (The Institute of Linguistics RAS, NRU HSE)
- Maria Usacheva (The Institute of Linguistics RAS)