Senior Researcher, Section of Theoretical Linguistics
Irina Zykova has been working at The Institute of Linguistics of the Russian Academy of Sciences since 2011.
She graduated with honors from the Moscow State Linguistic University (MSLU). In 2007, she completed the Cambridge CELTA courses and got an international qualification certificate (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults). In 2002, she defended her PhD thesis. From 2011 to 2014, Irina Zykova was a doctoral student of the Section of Theoretical Linguistics at the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Membership in scientific organizations
- RCLA = Russian Cognitive Linguists Association
- EUROPHRAS = European Society of Phraseology
- PHRASIS = Associazione Italiana di Fraseologia & Paremiologia
- UK-CLA – British Association for Cognitive Linguistics
- 2002: "Gender component in the structure and semantics of phraseological units of the modern English language" (specialization 10.02.04 - Germanic languages).
- 2014: "The role of the concept sphere of culture in the formation of phraseological units as cultural and linguistic signs" (specialization 10.02.19 - Theory of language).
Irina Zykova is the author of more than 130 academic papers.
A complete list of publications is available at this link.
- Irina Zykova. 2003, Sposoby konstruirovanja gendera v anglijskoj frazeologii. [Methods for constructing gender in English phraseology.]. Moscow: Editorial URSS. 232 p.
- Irina Zykova. 2016, Kul'tura kak informacionnaja sistema: Duxovnoe, mental'noe, material'no-znakovoe. [Culture as an information system: Spiritual, mental, material-sign.]. Moscow: Librokom .368 p.
- Irina Zykova. 2015. Konceptosfera kul'tury i frazeologiya: Teoriya i metody lingvokul'turologičeskogo izučeniya. [The concept of culture and phraseology: Theory and methods of linguocultural studies.]. Moscow: Lenand. 380 p. (Review).
- Irina Zykova. 2017, Metajazyk lingvokul'turologii: Konstanty i varianty. [Cultural Linguistics Metalanguage: Constants and Variants.]. Vst. st. IN AND. Postovalova. Moscow: Gnosis.752 p. (abstract and table of contents)
- Specifika realizacii grammatičeskogo potenciala frazeologii v svete ponyatija frazeologičeskoi kreativnosti: Ot leksicheskix kategorii k grammatičeskim. [Specificity of the implementation of the grammatical potential of phraseology in the light of the concept of phraseological creativity: From lexical categories to grammatical ones.]. A chapter in the collective monograph "Grammatical categories of Germanic languages in an anthropocentric perspective" [otv. ed. D.B. Nikulichev]. M .: Kantsler, 2017. S. 49-56.
- A Practical Course in English Lexicology: Tutorials / Irina Zykova. 3rd ed., Stereotype. Moscow: Ed. Center "Academy", 2008. 288 p.
Scientific articles in periodicals included in the Scopus and WoS databases:
- Verbal sources of cinematic metaphors: From cinematic performativity to linguistic creativity // Lege artis. Language yesterday, today, tomorrow. The journal of University of SS Cyril and Methodius in Trnava. Trnava: University of SS Cyril and Methodius in Trnava. Iss. V (1). June 2020. С. 499–532.
- Synesthesia in the process of phraseologism-formation: A new approach // Yearbook of Phraseology. 2018. № 9. P. 85–110.
- Linguo-cultural studies of phraseologisms in Russia: past and present // Yearbook of Phraseology. 2016. № 7. P. 127–148.
- The phraseological meaning construal in the traditional vs. cognitive culture-oriented perspectives // Lege artis. Language yesterday, today, tomorrow. 2016. vol. I (2). P. 253–286.
- Perception of verbal communication reflected in Russian and English phraseology: Towards a new theory of phraseologism-formation // Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences. Elsevier Ltd., 2016. № 236. P. 139–145.
Scientific articles (selectively):
- Phraseological Meaning as a Mechanism of Cultural Memory / I.V. Zykova // Research on Phraseology Across Continents. – Poland: University of Bialystok Publishing House, 2013. Vol. 2. P. 422-441.
- The phraseological meaning construal in the traditional vs. cognitive culture-oriented perspectives // Lege artis. Language yesterday, today, tomorrow. The Journal of University of SS Cyril and Methodius in Trnava. Warsaw: De Gruyter Open, 2016, vol. I (2), December 2016. p. 253–286. DOI: 10.1515
- Zykova I., Sokolova O. Elaborating principles of idiom-formation in the avant-garde literary discourse: A case study of Russian Cubo-Futurism // PHRASIS. Studi fraseologici e paremiologici. 2019. № 3. P. 108-121.