Junior Researcher, Section of Applied Linguistics
She graduated from the Faculty of Humanities and Applied Sciences of the Moscow State Linguistic University with a degree in linguistics. Since 2018, she has been working at the Institute of Linguistics.
Since 2012, she has participated in the development of the database "Languages of the World". She was an editor during the creation of the 3rd desktop version. In 2019-2020, she was engaged in the release of the 4th version of the database as a linguist (development of a new data presentation format, filling out language abstracts) and Java programmer.
Since 2016, she has been researching language isolates.
Typology, typological databases, language isolates.
- "Development of models and methods of text mining, semantic text processing in the tasks of analyzing the needs, preferences and behavior of consumers" (RSF grant No 15-11-10019), 2015-2017. Principal investigator – Valery Solovyev
- "Quantitative research based on the typological database "Languages of the World" of the Institute of Linguistics of the Russian Academy of Sciences" (RFBR grant No 16-06-00187А), 2016-2018. Principal investigator – Vladimir Polyakov
- The database "Languages of the World" of the Russian Academy of Sciences: a paradigmatic view, and a crowd-sourcing project based on it" (RFBR grant No 19-012-00476А), 2019-2021. Principal investigator – Elena Makarova
- Vladimir Polyakov, Valery Solovyev, Elena Makarova. 2019. Baza dannyx "Jazyki Mira": istorija i perspektivy [The database "Languages of the World" : history and prospects]. Moscow, Kazan: Izd-vo Akademii nauk RT. Institute of linguistics, Russian academy of sciences.370 p. ISBN 978-5-9690-0560-0
- High-Frequency Contrastive Grammar Features of the Uralic Languages. Xlinguae, V. 11, issue 1, January 2018, pp. 163-185. ISSN 1337-8384. DOI: 10.18355/XL.2018.11.01.15
- Anisimov, I., Makarova, E., Polyakov, V. Spelling Correction in English: joint use of bi-grams and chunking. In: Proceedings 2017 SAI Intelligent Systems Conference (IntelliSys-2017), 7-8 September 2017, pp. 886-892 . London, United Kingdom. DOI: 10.1109/IntelliSys.2017.8324234
- Ivan Anisimov, Elena Makarova, Vladimir Polyakov. Chunking in Dependency Model and Spelling Correction in Russian and English. In Proceedings 2016 SAI Intelligent Systems Conference (IntelliSys), 21-22 September 2016, London, United Kingdom. 2016. Pp. 143-150.ISBN (IEEEXplore): 978-1-5090-1121-6. ISBN (USB) - 978-1-5090-1665-5. DOI 978-1-5090-1121-6/16.
- Polyakov, V., Anisimov, I., Makarova, E. Can Grammar Define Similarity of Human Natural Languages? American Journal of Applied Sciences. Volume 13, Issue 10. Pages 1040-1052. 2016. ISSN Print: 1546-9239. ISSN Online: 1554-3641. DOI: 10.3844/ajassp.2016.1040.1052
- V. Danilova, E. Makarova, V. Polyakov and V. Solovyev, 2016. Frequency-based relevant grammar features of the Caucasian languages. Indian Journal of Science and Technologies, 9: 1-10. DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i11/89415.
- Elena A. Makarova, Vladimir N. Polyakov. The Origin of the Article in Indo-European Languages of Western Europe. In Mediterranean journal of social sciences, v. 6 (5 S4), pp. 61-75, October 2015. ISSN 2039-9340.