Senior Researcher, Research Center on Ethnic and Language Relations
In 1970, Valentina Kozhemyakina graduated from Maurice Thorez Moscow State Pedagogical Institute of Foreign Languages. After graduation, she had been working as a translator in Algeria for 2 years.
From 1973 to 1991, she worked in Moscow State Institute of International Relations of USSR Ministry of Foreign Affairs as a teacher, Senior lecturer and associate professor.
In 1981, Valentina Kozhemyakina got PhD thesis "Language of French letters of the 13th century (The main features of the business style of French at an early stage".
In 1991, she was awarded the title of associate professor at the Department of French.
From 1991 to the present time, Valentina Kozhemyakina has been working as a Senior Researcher of the Research Center on Ethnic and Language Relations of the Institute of Linguistics of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
From 1991 to 2005, she worked as the Head of the Department of French at the Institute of Foreign Languages "Gaudeamus", where she conducted practical French courses, lectured on the theory of French language was an academic supervisor for course papers and diploma theses.
Valentina Kozhemyakina wrote the manual "The Language and Style of French Business Documents. Manual". MGIMO. Moscow, 1987.
She participated in writing of the Dictionary of Sociolinguistic terms and the encyclopedia "Language and Society".
methods of sociolinguistics, linguistic arrangement, linguistic situation in multinational countries, linguistic situation in subjects of Russian Federation, linguistic policy in multinational countries, features of language legislation in francophone countries, Romance philology, French civilization, Business French, etc.
Grants of the Russian Foundation for Humanities
- Grant No. 13-04-00019 "French-speaking America: Sociolinguistic Portrait", principal investigator, 2013-2015.
- Grant No. 10-04-14019 (project participant). Conference "Language and Society in Modern Russia and Other Countries". Head is Vida Mikhalchenko, 2010.
- Grant No. 10-04-14019 (project participant). "Language and Society", Vida Mikhalchenko as a principal investigator, 2009-2011.
- Grant No. 11-04-00521 "Language in The Context of Social Development" (project participant), Vida Mikhalchenko as a principal investigator, 2009-2011.
- Grant No. 12-04-00273 "Language Policy and Functional Development of Languages of Peoples of Russia", Aysa Bitkeeva as a principal investigator, 2012-2014.
- Grant No. 14-04-00296 "Languages of Russia in The Era of Globalization" (project participant), Vida Mikhalchenko as a principal investigator, 2014-2016.
- Grant No. 14-04-12023 "Informational System "Linguistic Diversity of Russia" (project participant). Maria Goryacheva as a principal investigator, 2014-2016.
- Russian-Vietnamese international project of the Russian Humanitarian Science Foundation "Regularities of Sociocultural Development of Languages in Polyethnic Countries of The World (Russia-Vietnam)", (project participant). Aysa Bitkeeva as a principal investigator, 2015-2017.
- International project between the Institute of Linguistics of the Russian Academy of Sciences and Beijing Language and Culture University "Languages of The Peoples of Countries Bordering China" (project participant), 2014-2016.
Participation in the Basic Research Program of the Presidium of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- Adaptation of social function of language to changes in society (co-authored with Vida Mikhalchenko and Elena Kondrashkina) // Adaptation of Peoples and cultures to changes in natural environment, social and technogenic transformations. Program of fundamental research of the Presidium of the Russian Academy of Sciences, M., ROSSPEN, 2010, p. 402-412.
Grants of other countries for scientific research
- In 2009, Valentina Kozhemyakina got a grant from the French government for a three-months scientific trip to Paris.
- In 2010, Valentina Kozhemyakina got a grant from the Canadian government for a one-month scientific trip to Montreal and Quebec.
The full number of scientific papers is more than 120; the complete list of papers is available at this link.
- Valentina Kozhemyakina, 2020. Francuzskaja Amerika v prošlom i nastojaščem. Sociolingvističeskoe issledovanie. [French America in the past and present. Sociolinguistic research.]. Moscow: Institute of Linguistics RAS, 406 p.
List of publications since 2008:
The total number of academic papers for the reported period (2008 - 2015) - 41
- Monographs: no
- Scientific publications in editions included in Russian and international scientific citation systems: 7 publications
- Articles in journals from the Higher Attestation Commission list : 3 publications
- Published papers at conferences: 21 publications