The Institute of Linguistics (Russian Academy of Sciences) is pleased to announce the 8th conference “Language issues: a young scholars’ perspective”, which will be held online on 25–27 March 2021.
Abstracts on the following topics are welcome: theoretical linguistics, comparative studies, descriptive linguistics, typology, sociolinguistics, psycholinguistics. We also invite you to take part in the thematic workshop.
Workshop: “Languages in the context of each other: grammatical phenomena caused by language contacts”
The main goal of the workshop is to bring together young researchers working on the problems of language contacts and, in particular, the issues of mutual grammatical influence of contacting languages. Works related to morphological and syntactic topics are welcome.
- A. A. Kibrik (Institute of Linguistics, RAS / Moscow State University)
- A. V. Sideltsev (Institute of Linguistics, RAS / Russian State University for Humanities)
- O. A. Kazakevich (Institute of Linguistics, RAS)
- A. A. Lopukhina (National Research University Higher School of Economics / V. V. Vinogradov Russian Language Institute, RAS)
We encourage young scholars to present the results of their work at the conference. Young scholars mainly include undergraduate, Master’s and PhD students studying linguistics. Submissions from ‘mature’ scholars under the age of 35 will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Young scholars are invited to present their research in the format of a 20-minute talk (followed by 10 minutes of discussion). All participants who have been accepted to present at the conference are entitled to submit a paper to the conference proceedings.
Program and abstracts
Conference abstracts are available here.
Videos of the talks will be published in our YouTube account.
- Submission deadline — 1 February 2021;
- Notification of acceptance — 10 February 2021;
- Conference — 25–27 March 2021;
- Deadline for paper submission — 1
- Vadim Dyachkov, research fellow, IL RAS (chair)
- Maria Amelina, junior research fellow, IL RAS (secretary)
- Alexander Anufriev, research fellow, IL RAS
- Nadezhda Makeeva, senior research fellow, IL RAS
- Daria Mordashova, junior research fellow, IL RAS
- Evgeniya Renkovskaya, junior research fellow, IL RAS
- Alexandra Cherkunova, research assistant, IL RAS