Leading Researcher, Section of General Psycholinguistics
Elena Nikitina has been employed at the Institute of Linguistics since 1975. Having started as a Research Assistant, she is now the Leading Researcher for the Section of General Psycholinguistics. She has published over 170 academic papers, including seven textbooks on theory of communication, semiotics, language sociology, psycholinguistics, text analysis methodology, and text interpretation. Among her published works are also five monographs:
- Istoriko-kritičeskij obzor koncepcij vnutrennej reči [A critical historical analysis of the implicit speech concept]. Moscow: Inion, 1987.
- Psixolingvističeskaja model’ jazykovoj sposobnosti [A psycholinguistic model of language competence]. Мoscow: 1998.
- Kommunikativnyj podxod v analize dialoga [Communicative approach to dialogue analysis]. Moscow: Institute of Linguistics RAS, 2010.
- Vvedenie v dialogiku [Introduction to the dialogue studies].- Moscow: OOO «Mežregional’nyj centr upravlenčeskogo i političeskogo konsul’tirovanija», 2011. With Šamlikašvili, C.
- Smyslovoj analiz teksta: Psixosemiotičeskij podxod [Semantic text analysis: a psychosemantic approach]. Moscow: LENAND, 2016. – P. 200.
- Semiotika. Učebnoe posobie [Semiotics. A textbook]. Institute of Linguistics RAS. – Moscow: «Akademičeskij proekt», 2006.
- Metody analiza teksta. Učebnoe posobie dlja studentov psixologov [Methodology of text analysis. Textbook for psychology students]. MPGU, 2011.
- Sociologija kommunikacii. Xrestomatija [Sociology of communication. Anthology]. Lap Lambert Academic Publishing GmbH&Co.KG, Germany, 2012.
Elena Nikitina participates in a number of conferences and symposia both in Russia and abroadconcerned with psycholinguistic research, She also organizes round tables at international conferences.
- 1994 – 1996. Was awarded the International Foundation "Cultural Initiative" grant in.
- 1996 – 1997. Received an RFH grant on her "A psycholinguistic model of language competence" monograph. The paper was later deposited in INION (Institute of Scientific Information for Social Sciences).
- 2007 – 2008. Awarded with a RFBR grant on "Consciousness as text; on the methodology of semantic analysis of consciousness".
She is a member of the expert panel for the Unified State Exam (the English language).
Reviewer for the RCA (Russian Communication Association) Herald since the journal's establishment. Member of the editorial board for the Journal of Applied Psychology.
Awardee of writing competitions: "The best book on communication studies and education", "The Theory of Communication" (3rd place, "Introduction to dialectology", 2011 – 2012). Awardee of the writing competition among higher education teachers of Humanities (textbook "Semiotics", 2006).
- Elena Nikitina has reviewed several PhD theses and more than 30 books for the RCA competitions (section – "Sociocultural anthropology").
- She delivers lectures at various universities on a regular basis from 1980 as a visiting professor. Among her courses are:
- How to create a text;
- Psychology of communication;
- Methodology of conflict mediation;
- Sociology of a language;
- Psychology of language and thought;
- Psychological hermeneutics: understanding text;
- Technology of the myth in advertisement;
- Methodology of teaching in higher education;
- Business etiquette.
Elena Nikitina supervised a number of diploma works and projects in several higher education institutions of Moscow (Russian State Social University, Moscow State Pedagogical University, Moscow Regional Socio-Economic Institute, etc.). Served as the Dean of the Psychology Faculty in the Moscow Regional Socio-Economic Institute (Vidnoe, 1994 – 1997).
She delivered the "Sociology of communication" course at the Lomonosov Moscow State University, Faculty of Sociology. Published an anthology on the subject. (Sociology of communication. Anthology. Lap Lambert Academic Publishing GmbH&Co.KG, Germany, 2012. P. 630.).
Elena Nikitina now delivers "Fundamentals of psycholinguistics" for graduate students at the Lomonosov State University of Moscow, Faculty of Psychology.
She is a member of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education committee, which discusses the necessity of returning essay writing assignments in school. Leads the Psychohermeneutics line of research in the Section.
She attended professional development courses on "Forensic Linguistics" in 2021.(certificate)
- Nikitina, E. Kommunikativnyj podxod v analize dialoga [Communicative approach to dialogue analysis] Institute of Linguistics RAS. - Moscow, 2010. - P. 187.
- Nikitina, E., et al. Kollokvium «Semiotika XXI veka: čelovek v mire znakov. Razdel IV [Colloqium "Semiotics of the XXI century: mankind in the world of sign. Section VI]. (P. 328 - 362). /]Semiotika kul’tury: antropologičeskij povorot [Semiotics of culture: an anthropological look]. Saint-Peterburg: Èjdos, 2011. - P. 362
- Nikitina, E. INTERCULTURAL DIALOGUE // Education and Interethnic Relations: Book of articles / Khakimov, E. (Ed.). Izhevsk, Udmurt State University, 2011. P. 139-149.
- Nikitina, E., Šamlikašvili, C. Vvedenie v dialogiku [Introduction to the dialogue studies] – Moscow: Mežregional’nyj centr upravlenčeskogo i političeskogo konsul’tirovanija, 2011. P. 240.
- Nikitina, E. Sociologija kommunikacii. Xrestomatija [Sociology of communication. Anthology]. Lap Lambert Academic Publishing GmbH&;Co.KG, Germany, 2012. P. 630
- Nikitina, E. Smyslovoj analiz teksta: Psixosemiotičeskij podxod [Semantic text analysis: a psychosemantic approach]. Moscow: LENAND, 2016. P. 200.
- Nikitina, E. Text sense model /International cognitive sciences conference theses. Svetlogorsk. P. 55-56.
- Nikitina, E. Dialogue: When the Third is not Weird or the Logic of Trinity. - Cambridge: Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2016. P. 151-161.
- Nikitina, E. Psychosemiotic Approach to Comprehension, or a Sense Text Model, International Journal of Language and Linguistics. Vol. 6, No. 1, 2018, P. 15-19. doi: 10.11648/j.ijll.20180601.13
- Nikitina, E. Indirect speech strategies and their application areas // International Linguistics Research, sixth issue, Vol. 2, No. 4, December 2019. ISSN 2576-2982.
- Nikitina, E. Autobiography as artistic fiction // Russian Linguistic Bulletin N2 (18), 2019 June/Yekaterinburg 2019/ISSN 2227-6017 Online. International Research Journal, ISSN 2227-6017
- Nikitina, E. Smyslovoj analiz teksta: Psixosemiotičeskij podxod [Semantic text analysis: a psychosemantic approach]. 2nd edition, reprint. URSS. 2019. P. 200. ISBN 978-5-9710-5774-1
- Nikitina, E. Psixosemiotika: Kurs lekcij [Psychosemantics: lectures]. 2nd edition, revised and extended. URSS. 2019. P. 304. ISBN 978-5-9710-5417-7
- Žuravlev, I., Nikitina, E., Sorokin, Ju., Reut, D., Txostov, A. Psixosemiotika telesnosti [Psychosemantics of the corporeal]. 3rd edition, reprint. URSS. 2019. P. 152.
- Nikitina, E. Smells of the Homeland or patriotic texts through the prism of psychosemiotics //European Proceedings of Social and Behavioural Sciences EpSBS. P. 1-1 (15.12.2020). -ISSN: 2357-1330.Savchenko, I. (Ed.). Published by European Publisher. Articles: 153 (WOS).
- Nikitina, E. Article review: [Abacharaeva Diana Abdulkadirova, Shakhemirova Svetlana Vagidovna «A problem of literary translation of E. Bronte’s novel “Wulthering Heights” into Russian»] for the International Journal Of Professional Science (IJPS) ISSN 2542-1085.
- Nikitina, E. Dialogics, paralogics, mythologics: there and back. Submission. Conference “Keywords in Communication.” Chicago, 2009.