Chief Researcher, Section of General Psycholinguistics
Born in Moscow in 1931.
In 1955, she graduated with honors from the Philological Faculty of Moscow State University with a degree in Romance languages (French, Spanish).
From 1956 to the first half of 1958, she worked as a bibliographer at the Fundamental Library of Social Sciences of the Academy of Sciences of the Soviet Union, where she published a bibliographic bulletin of foreign literature on linguistics.
Since 1958, she has been working at the Institute of Linguistics of RAS. She defended her PhD thesis in 1962 and Dr.habil. thesis in 1973.
Currently, she holds the position of Chief Researcher. Since 1991, she has the academic title of professor of Theory of Linguistics.
- Statistical methods for studying vocabulary. (Ph.D thesis, Moscow, 1962)
- The probability of text elements and the forecast in speech activity. (Dr.habil. thesis, Moscow, 1973)
General linguistics. Psycholinguistics. Paradigms in science. The current stage of the evolution of psycholinguistics: the possibility of changing the paradigm.
Grants since 2008:
- Russian Foundation for Humanities grant 06-03-00292a: research project "Classics and great people in socio-humanitarian knowledge: formation and functions".
For publications on this grant, see the section "Monographs''.
In the Media:
- Regular contributor and reviewer in the research newspaper "Troitskiy variant"; made contributions to the website polit.ru; long-time contributor of the magazine "Knowledge-power".
- Winner of the Alexander Belyaev Literary Prize in the nomination "Criticism in Popular Science and Scientific Fiction" (2011)
Author of more than 300 scientific works. The following list presents publications from 2008 to the present.
- Psixolingvistika. Učebnoe posobie dlja ctudentov vysšix učebnyx zavedenij [Psycholinguistics. Textbook for students of higher educational institutions].4th edition. Мoscow: Izdatel’skij centr. 2008. 316 p.
- Psixolingvistika: učebnik dlja stud. učreždenij vysšego prof. Obrazovanij [Psycholinguistics: Textbook for students of institutions of higher professional education]. 5th edition. Мoscow: Izdatel’skij centr “Akademija”. 2014. 336 p. ISBN 978-5-4468-0305-7
- Razdely v kollektivnoj monografii : “Klassika i klassiki v sociogumanitarnom znanii: formirovanie i funkcii’ [Sections in the collective monograph: "Classics and great people in socio-humanitarian knowledge: formation and function”]. Moscow: NLО 2009. ISBN 978-5-86793-701-0:
- 1. Recepcija klassiki v lingvistike[Reception of classics in linguistics]. (P. 381-401).
- 2. Kul’turno-istoričeskaja psixologija Vygotskogo-Lurija [Cultural and historical psychology of Vygotsky-Luria](P. 255-278).
- The monograph is a report of the research project "Classics and great people in socio-humanitarian knowledge: formation and functions" under the grant of the RGNF 06-03-00292a.
- Skvoz’ asfal’t. Èsse i stat’I [Through the asphalt. Essays and articles]. Мoscow: Novoe literaturnoe obozrenie. 2012. 216 p. ISBN 978-5 86793-958-8
- The Naive Viewer. "Russian Social Science Review", 2008, Vol. 49 №1.
- Frumkina Revekka. Young people in scholarship. // Forum for anthropology and culture. № 11, 2015. P. 27-29.