- Research Departments
- Department of African languages
- Department of Applied Linguistics
- Department of Asian and East Asian languages
- Department of Caucasian Languages
- Section of Comparative Linguistics
- Department of experimental study of speech
- Department of Indo-European languages
- Laboratory for study and preservation of minority languages
- Laboratory for multichannel communication
- Research center for national linguistic relations
- Research center for the preservation, revitalization and documentation of the languages of Russia
- Department of Theoretical Linguistics
- Department of typology and areal linguistics
- Department of Ural-Altaic languages
- Yuri Stepanov Department for Theory and Practice of Communication
- Research projects
- Popular science
- Languages of Russia
- Research Departments
26 October (Thursday) - 28 October (Saturday)
V. M. Alpatov. Selected works of the 20th century05/03/2023 - 12:54
This collection comprises thirty-six articles by the renowned Soviet and Russian linguist, academician Vladimir Alpatov, published over the last three decades of the 20th century. These articles represent Alpatov's main scientific pursuits, including Japanese studies, typology and theory of language, sociolinguistics, and history of linguistics. The final section of the collection, titled Linguistic Problems, features a set of problems composed by Vladimir Alpatov for linguistic Olympiads.
Linguistic Forum 2023. Language functioning in remote areas: The Arctic and beyond02/21/2023 - 00:51
The Laboratory for Study and Preservation of Minority Languages is pleased to announce the conference “Language functioning in remote areas: The Arctic and beyond”, which will be held at the Institute of Linguistics (Russian Academy of Sciences), Moscow, on 26–28 October 2023.
The Shapir Readings07/07/2022 - 23:40
Section of Theoretical Linguistics and the Yuri Stepanov Center for Theory and Practice of Communication, Institute of Linguistics, Russian Academy of Sciences are happy to invite you to the Language – Text – Meaning Readings in memoriam Dr. Maxim I. Shapir on the occasion of his 60th birthday
19th Session of Discussion and Analytics Club on Language Policy06/10/2022 - 17:58
Talk by Mandana Seyfeddinipur "Two Sides of the Same Coin: Why the Digital is Blessing and Curse for Endangered Languages".
International conference “Linguistic Forum 2022: Traditional speech forms and practices”06/05/2022 - 13:36
The international conference "Linguistic Forum 2022: Traditional speech forms and practices" will be held at the Institute of Linguistics, RAS, on November 17–19, 2022. The conference is part of a series of annual linguistic forums initiated by the Institute of Linguistics RAS in 2019, each dedicated to a socially important aspect of the scientific study of language.